Bulletin Board > Volunteers
Posted: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 at 09:40 PDT
Last Modified: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 at 09:40 PDT
FRIENDS OF THE PALO ALTO LIBRARY (Palo Alto)
Love Books? Love Libraries?
Won't you join us for a few hours a week to help keep our libraries up-to-date and thriving? FOPAL's monthly sales (always the 2nd Saturday and Sunday of every month) of donated books and media raise much-needed funds to purchase new books, furniture, technology, and special programs for Palo Alto public libraries.
Choose a task to suit your time, talents, and interests. Here is a selection of available jobs - and their special benefits, besides the immense satisfaction of giving back to your community!
1) Pick up donations and move boxes of books (meet friendly donors; free body-building exercise)
2) Sort new donations into subject categories (meet friendly fellow sorters; enjoy a first look at an amazing assortment of books)
3) Manage specific subject areas, organizing and pricing books for our monthly sales (share and expand your interests and knowledge)
4) Help staff our monthly Book Sales, held on the 2nd weekend of every month - we need cashiers, floor supervisors, and donation monitors (meet hundreds of fellow bookaholics, and experience the Thrill of the Marketplace!)
5) Work with our online sales team: research higher value books, list books online, fulfill/ship orders (exercise your mental muscles)
6) Work on our website, newsletters, and other publicity/outreach projects (exercise your urge to research, write, and communicate with your community)
7) Assist our Sales and Volunteer Manager with various administrative/publicity projects (exercise your creative and organizational talents)
8) Stock and staff our library branch bookshops (an important part of our sales effort; meet new people in our community)
9) And many more jobs to suit your time, inclinations, and expertise (your contribution will be greatly appreciated!)
** Students needing to fulfill community service hours requirements for school and corporate groups looking for one-time work projects can help us as well.
To learn more about how you can get involved with Friends of the Palo Alto Library, please call Janette Herceg, FOPAL Sales and Volunteer Manager, at (650) 494-1266. For more information about our organization, visit our website at: www.fopal.org
Our Main Sale Room is located at Cubberley Community Center, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303 (portable building at rear of campus next to tennis courts, north entrance).
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!