Bulletin Board > Non-Profits Needs
Posted: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 at 18:18 PST
Last Modified: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 at 18:18 PST
WISHLIST FRIENDS PA LIBRARY (Palo Alto)
Help FOPAL Trim Administrative Costs and Contribute More $$ to Palo Alto's Libraries!
As a nonprofit organization, FOPAL operates on a slender budget to cover its administrative costs. Here are some much-needed items that would enable us to more efficiently and effectively raise more funds to benefit Palo Alto's five public libraries.
To fulfill our online orders, FOPAL has a constant need for shipping materials, specifically:
Air bags/pillows - YES
Brown paper - YES
Bubble Wrap (all sizes) - YES
Styrofoam blocks and peanuts - NO
Used Bubble Mailers - YES
Small Boxes (Amazon A1, A3, D1 especially; new or gently used) - YES
Larger Amazon Boxes - depends, we take them, we can always recycle.
Amazon single book mailers (cardboard that wraps around one book) - YES
Clear plastic bags - NO
Thin white styro/plastic - NO
Rolls of clear shipping tape = YES
We can also use large sturdy boxes for Amazon FBA shipments. They have to be undamaged and have thick walls though.
Our other needs include:
- Sturdy metal 2 or 3-shelf push carts for moving our heavy, book-filled bankers boxes!
- A Cash-Counting Machine!!
- Computers/laptops -- Intel-based Macs (desktop or laptop) or Pentium 4 or better laptops/notebooks.
- iPads or other tablets
- Gift cards to Costco, office supply companies, OSH, etc.
- Yellow 2B pencils, white erasers, yellow 3X3" post-its, Sharpies, Astrobright paper, pushpins
- White Signicade or other sturdy sandwich boards for sale day signs
- Programmer versed in Python, Perl or similar to write a script to interface with the Amazon API
Let us know if you'd like to donate any of the above items to FOPAL. All contributions are tax-deductible. Learn more about FOPAL at: www.fopal.org