Bulletin Board > Non-Profits Needs
Posted: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 at 21:40 PST
Last Modified: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 at 21:40 PST
DONATE BOOKS/SUPPORT PA LIBRARY (Palo Alto)
DONATE YOUR BOOKS, CD'S, DVD'S, GAMES, PUZZLES, AND SOFTWARE TO BENEFIT PALO ALTO PUBLIC LIBRARIES!
At our monthly book sales (always the 2nd Saturday and Sunday of every month), Friends of the Palo Alto Library finds new readers/users for your used items and contributes all proceeds to purchase new materials, technology, and furniture for the Palo Alto libraries.
Materials We Accept: Fiction and nonfiction books (adult, teen, children); Textbooks and computer books, Movies (DVDs and VHS); Audiobooks (CD's and cassettes); Magazines and newspapers of exceptional historic value; Music (CD's, cassettes, and records); Games (video games, jigsaw puzzles, board games, card games); other (software, posters, sheet music, pamphlets, framed art, greeting cards, small collectibles).
Sorry, We Cannot Accept: National Geographics, other magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, Reader's Digest books, Legal statues or codes; Advertising material, and any soiled, water damaged, or partial books. Please, no large boxes - xerox or bankers boxes okay.
General Guideline: If you wouldn't give it a friend, please don't give it to Friends!
1) Please bring ALL donations to: Cubberley Community Center, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, Main Book Sale Room (portable bldg. at rear of campus, north entrance, next to tennis courts):
2) Donations hours are: Monday-Saturday 2-4 pm. EXCEPT on the second Saturday of the month during our monthly sales. If you need to bring donations to us outside of these hours, just call 650-213-8755 to be sure that a volunteer is working in the Main Book Sale Room and can receive your donation.
3) Due to our space limitations, we CANNOT ACCEPT donations during our sales (2nd Saturday and Sunday of every month)
4) Please do not leave your donations at any of the Palo Alto City Libraries
5) Pickup of large donations can be arranged. Call 650-308-4933 and leave a message.
Your donations are tax-deductible. Be sure to ask for a receipt.
For more information about Friends of the Palo Alto Library, please visit our website at: www.fopal.org