Employment > Help Wanted
Posted: Mon, 15 May 2017 at 00:00 PDT
Last Modified: Mon, 15 May 2017 at 11:13 PDT
Software Engineer (Redwood City)
Laserlike, Inc. in Mountain View, CA seeks Software Engineer to complete the following duties:
Design, develop, modify and/or test software needed for various internet search engine company projects; Design cutting edge algorithms and data structures that will work efficiently on enormous amounts of data; Perform data mining and fine statistical analysis to detect and analyze hidden patterns in the data. Use these patterns and properties of the data to tune the output of algorithms; Process a large amount of internet scale data, including web pages, news, social feeds, and other private data sources; Implement high performance real time search, information retrieval and feed ranking systems; and Provide predictive insights, system design, implementation, documentation, testing and tuning of these systems.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or foreign equivalent) plus 5 years of experience in the job offered, or in a related occupation. In the alternative, we will accept a Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related field (or foreign equivalent), plus 3 years of experience in in the job offered, or in a related occupation.
Special skills required:
- 2 years of work experience applying Data Mining or Machine Learning algorithms;
- 2 years of experience with programming in Java or C++;
- 1 year of work experience building software that works on web scale data;
- 1 year of experience processing millions of HTML documents from Internet using MapReduce / Hadoop; and
- 1 year of experience with extraction of information (examples: entity and relationship data) from documents.
Worksite Location: 888 Villa St, Suite 200, Mountain View, CA 94041
Multiple Positions Available.
Resumes can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.